These guys should be a lot more famous.

Everybody should know about these extremely talented musicians. They are well known in some circles but they deserve to be known throughout the world.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Eliza Gilkyson - gifted singer song-writer


Eliza Gilkyson should be a lot more famous.

One of Eliza's songs jumped out at me from my radio last summer while I was listening to CKUA radio - a public radio station in Alberta, Canada.

Her heartfelt lyrics and wonderful yet world weary voice grabbed my attention and I was hooked. Her name on last year's Canmore Folk Festival program drew me there. I was blown away by her appearance at the side stage, on the main stage and again at this year's Calgary Folk Fest. I had a chance to meet her - very cool!

One of her CDs on Red House Records was nominated for a Grammy but that won't stop me from suggesting she deserves to be even more famous.

No Depression magazine says she's "An exquisite weaver of story-songs that strike at the heart of personal experience . . ."

I couldn't say it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get 25 FREE MP3s at eMusic!